Thursday, September 25, 2008

6 Months Old!!!

Starting to sit on her own a little bit. No, she cannot feed herself. She just likes to play with the bottle when she is done eating.
Wow! That went so fast! Josh and I are officially exhausted. McKinney has been sleeping through the night since about 2 1/2 months old, but a week ago she decided to start waking up again. Multiple times a night at all different hours each night. She gets very upset and does not calm down easily. It is oh so much fun.

She is not teething, I look everyday. I have been doing a lot of research trying to figure out why and of course everything sounds like a possibility to a new mom. Separation anxiety seems to be common around this age so the books say. And they also say that baby could be so excited about her new skills, like rolling over, that she is trying to do them in her sleep and is waking herself up!

We have tried everything from just letting her cry...she just gets more upset, to trying to get in there right away before she wakes herself up too much. I try not to pick her up. I just rub her back (she rolls on her side) or belly and she falls back asleep, but by the time I climb back in bed she is crying again! I just keep telling myself this is just a little phase and she will just start sleeping soundly again soon.

If you have any advise, pleeease comment. We are willing to listen to anything!

No comments: